Assistant Care Management
Senior Alternatives offers an Assistant Care Management service to assist clients with managing their changing needs. Care Management Assistants (CMA’s) are non-licensed, non-medical personnel who can arrange to provide the following services under the guidance and direction of a Master-level Geriatric Care Manager/Social Worker. All CMA’s are selected for their warmth and caring personalities and each has experience meeting the unique needs of our clients.
- Assist with transportation to medical appointments with sufficient knowledge and experience to gather information and advocate for client(s) and their family.
- Promote and assist in planning social outings.
- Encourage and motivate participation in daily, routine tasks.
- Maintain daily exercise routines as directed by a physician, physical therapist or speech therapist.
- Coordinate referrals for other care/services as needed.
- Assist with sorting mail and writing correspondence.
- Run errands and help with shopping for groceries, personal items, etc.
- Coordinate larger household maintenance projects.
- Accompany client(s) to favorite events like shows or opening day at the ballpark.
- Supervise medications and monitor home and safety conditions.
- Research non-medical related questions/products.
- Assist with organization of home, office or storage.
- Provide companionship through high level, friendly conversation.